Clear vegetable soup recipes are made by simmering or boiling vegetables. These soups are the best when we want to take light diet. This soup is very easy, simple and quick to make.
Ingredients for Vegetable Stock:
- Vegetable Scraps
Ingredients for Clear Soup:
- Ginger (2 tsp)
- Lemon (juice, 1/2)
- Butter (2 tablespoon)
- Green Chili (chopped, 1)
- Onion (minced, 1/4 cup)
- Carrot (minced, 1/4 cup)
- Cauliflower Rice (1/4 cup)
- Pepper Powder (1/4 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Beans (finely chopped, 1/4 cup)
- Cabbage (finely chopped, 1/4 cup)
- Cilantro (chopped, 1/4 cup)
- Red Pepper Powder (Crushed, 1 tsp)
- Cilantro (stem, finely chopped, 1/4 cup)
- Spring Onion (finely chopped, 1/2 cup)
- Tomato (de-seeded, finely chopped, 1/4 cup)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Method for Vegetable Stock:
- Boil 4-5 cups of water in a deep skillet and add all the vegetable scraps.
- Boil for 10 minutes or more on a high flame.
- Cover with a lid and boil
- Pour the vegetables and water through a strainer or colander
Method for Clear Soup:
- In a deep skillet melt two tablespoons of butter.
- Add chopped onion, carrot, cauliflower, beans, tomato, cabbage, cilantro stem, grated ginger and green chili.
- Add required salt and sautee for few minutes.
- Add 2-3 cups of vegetable stock, crushed red pepper and black pepepr powder.
- Cover with a lid.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes before removing the lid.
- Switch off the flame an then add chopped spring onion, cilantro and lemon juice.
Step by Step Pictures of the recipe:
- Vegetable stock can be made and stored in the refrigerator.
- Chopped garlic is optional so it can be added along with the chopped vegetables.