Pistachio barfi requires a very few ingredients and takes less time to make. The nutty flavor and color temps the sweet lovers.
- Pistachio (1 cup, unsalted, unroasted)
- Color (green, few drops)
- Almond (sliced 3 tbs)
- Sugar (1 1/2 cup)
- Milk Powder (6 tbs)
- Ghee (6 tsp)
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- Grind pistachio to a fine powder.
- In a deep skillet add sugar and water.
- Boil sugar till it dissolves.
- Grease the tray, flat plate and knife.
- Stir constantly till it thickens.
- Add 3 teaspoons of ghee.
- Keep stirring and add the remaining ghee.
- Cook until the mixture stops sticking to the sides.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased tray.
- Use a greased plate to gently smoothen the mixture.
- Garnish with sliced almonds and again gently smoothen the mixture.
- Use a knife to make pieces before it cools down.
Step by step pictures of the recipe:
- Boil sugar till it dissolves and no need for string consistency.