This recipe is cooked with lentils, fenugreek leaves and spices. Here I made with moong dal it can be made with toor dal and chana dal too. It goes well with chapatis, breads and rice.
Cook time: 30 minutes
Category: Lunch \ Dinner
- In a shallow skillet melt butter and add jeera.
- Add coriander, red chili powder, fenugreek leaves and salt.
- Sautee for 5-7 minutes and set aside.
- In a pressure cooker add moong dal, chopped tomatoes, water, turmeric powder, salt and slit green chili.
- Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.
- Add the cooked methi leaves and chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot with bread or rotis.