This pickle is a mouthwatering simple recipe made with few spices and mango. It’s a great accompaniment for curd rice, chapati, puri, bread and also for dosa.
- Mango (raw, 275 gm)
- Red Chili Powder (medium hot, 4 tsp)
- Methi [Fenugreek Seeds] (1 tsp)
- Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- Hing [Asafoetida] (1/2 tsp)
- Mustard Seeds (1 tsp)
- Oil (2 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- Grate the mango.
- Dry roast the methi seeds till they are golden.
- Grind to a fine powder.
- Heat oil in a skillet and add mustard seeds.
- After it splutters add the grated mango.
- Cook till it’s soft / cooked.
- Add the red chili powder and oil.
- Switch off the flame and then add turmeric powder, hing and the ground methi powder.
- Mix well.
Step by step pictures of the recipe:
- Instead of grating mangoes can be cut into small pieces and cooked properly.
- Turmeric powder should be added in the end to retain the color. Ensure to put as soon as the flame is off.