Whole wheat flour mango cookies are easy to make recipe with no eggs. This recipe has whole wheat flour, natural sugar and carom seeds so it’s pretty healthy too. Mangoes add flavor to the cookies.
- Wheat Flour (1/2 cup)
- Mango Puree (1/4 cup)
- Baking Soda (1/2 tsp)
- Milk (2 tbs)
- Salt (a pinch)
- Ghee (1/8 cup)
- Pistachio (pieces, 2 tsp)
- Baking Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Ajwain [Carom Seeds] (1 tsp)
- Natural Brown Sugar (1/8 cup)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 18-20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a large bowl add whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and carom seeds.
- Mix all the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl add mango puree, ghee and sugar and with the help of a hand mixer or hand beater and beat until the mixture is increased in volume and the color is paler.
- Combine the puree-ghee mixture and dry ingredients well to form a dough. Add milk if the dough is stiff.
- Roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut the dough into desired shapes using a biscuit cutter.
- Roll out the spare dough again and repeat the process with the rest of the dough.
- Transfer the biscuits on to a baking sheet lined tray.
- Garnish the biscuits with nuts.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes at 180 degree celsius.
- Leave on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack to cool completely.
Step by Step pictures of the recipe:
- Ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Spoon or Manual or electric hand mixer can be used for beating.
- More sugar can be added if preferred. The cookies I baked had less sweet because we prefer less sweet.
- The dough can be kept in between two parchment papers and rolled out.