Kadai paneer is one of the most popular recipe in India specially in northern part of India. It is usually served with all the indian breads and it is very exotic in its taste.
- Paneer (200 gm, cubes)
- Onion(200gm, cubes)
- Ginger (small piece, julienne cut )
- Capsicum (1, cubes)
- Oil (7 tsp)
- Butter (1 tsp)
- Fresh Cream (1 tbs)
- Coriander Seeds (1 1/2 tsp)
- Kasuri Methi (1 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Ginger-Garlic Paste (1 tsp)
- Bay Leaf (1)
- Red Chili Powder (Kashmiri, 1/2 tsp)
- Red Chili (Kashmiri) (4)
- Coriander Powder (1 tsp)
- Turmeric Powder ( 1/4 tsp)
- Jeera [Cumin Seeds] (1 tsp)
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Category: Lunch \ Dinner
- In a grinder bowl add red chili and coriander seeds to grind coarse and set aside.
- Grind sauteed onion, tomato and ginger-garlic paste and set aside.
- Heat a shallow skillet to low and place the paneer cubes carefully in the skillet.
- Flip it over after 2 minutes and set aside.
- In the same skillet add onions, tomatoes and ginger-garlic paste.
- Sautee till it’s cooked.
- Grind to a fine paste.
- In a deep skillet add butter and oil.
- Add a bay leaf and jeera.
- Add the onion, capsicum, tomato cubes and julienne cut ginger.
- Add the slit green chili and sautee for few minutes.
- When it’s half cooked add salt, turmeric, red chili and coriander powder.
- Add the coarse masala powder and the ground paste.
- Add half a cup of water and stir well
- Let it cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add paneer and mix well.
- Add fresh cream and kasuri methi.
Step by step pictures of the recipe:
- Paneer should be fresh and soft.
- Butter can be substituted for oil to have a very rich recipe.
- While frying paneer just sautee for few minutes to retain the softness.